About Milestone #3
IT 4203 Individual Project Milestone #3: Books Search AJAX
This is Milestone #3 dealing with Google Books APILink to Project guidelines
Table of Contents - Links to the four pages which make up Milestone #3:
This course covers advanced topics on web site and application development that include server side and client technologies, web services and APIs. In this particular semester we will have a focus on single-page web applications and web APIs, which has been the latest trends in modern web application development. Building upon your fundamental web site design and client-side development skills, this course enhance your web development skills at the client side, utilizing jQuery, JSON, and AJAX. You will complete at least one major project upon finishing this course.
Course objectives/learning outcomes
- Explain modern web application architecture.
- Apply and integrate AJAX techniques to create asynchronous applications.
- Integrate data and services provided as standard web APIs and data formats.
Course features (fall 2016)
- Take a project based learning approach. All course work will be driven by a hands-on development project.
- Key technologies: AJAX, REST, SPA, JSON, jQuery,
- Program with JSON and RESTful web APIs.
- Exposure to popular web APIs like Google Books API.
- Utilize major SPA user interface design patterns and best practices.
- Deploy projects on public commercial grade servers that can be accessed anywhere.